Saturday, August 25, 2012

Everything Is Bigger In Texas: Part 1

Okay. I am going to skip that whole introduction where I say "Wow, it has been so long since I have blogged, where has the time gone, blah blag blah."

I moved to Texas.

I know... WHAT?!

Hold your horses, I will get to that. Let's start back in March. First, I went to a wedding.
From Left to Right- Caleb (Colin's brother), Kayla (Caleb's Girlfriend), Me, and Colin(Making his supermodel face,)
That picture was taken at Brittany and Jason's wedding and I honestly don't think I have ever been happier to see two people get married. They are perfect for each other and I am so glad that Brittany is now part of the family. Like the Godfather. Except not.

Then... There was the cruise. It was supposed to be a joyous occasion celebrating the wedding but things never go exactly as planned, do they?

If you can't pick me out in this picture, I will thank my lucky stars. If you can, you're probably thinking "Man, she looks like death warmed over!". Well, that is because I FELT like death warmed over. Thursday before the cruise I went into the hospital for dehydration. Let me tell you, getting several IV bags of fluids is much more expensive than drinking a bottle of water. I reccommend the bottled water. That will spare you from a hospital gown and your husband taking an extremely unflattering picture of you in said gown and posting it on FB. Yes, that happened.

 Friday, Colin and I left Chicago and drive to St Louis, where his parents live. Saturday morning Colin, his parents, his brother, and I all loaded up and made the 18 hour drive to MS. The cruise left from New Orleans on Monday so we wanted to spend some time with our friends in MS before we headed out to sea.

That is where everything went wrong. See, on the drive to MS where we were all packed in a rental car, Colin's Dad had the flu. He was a trooper about it and even managed to help drive. But alas, Monday morninng, the morning of the cruise, Colin and I woke up with the very same flu. Yep, the entire cruise, Colin and I were laid up in our room praying for the ship to sink and put us out of our misery. We tried to enjoy it, going to port when we could and going to dinner every night. That is about all we could maage.
This picture was on formal night. You can't tell from the picture but I am holding on to Colin for dear life because I thought I was going to fall out any second and he is holding on to the rail so we both wouldn't fall.
 
Okay, That covers March. Nothing special happened in April so in the next post, we will skip straight to May and trust, that is where the interesting stuff happene. Stick around kids, this is a story for the ages, a tale as old as time, and other things like that. K? K.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...